Old 01-18-2008, 03:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Need4Change
61'st day sober as of:12/18/07

Unhappy "brain fog", dazed, fatigued, zoned-out, spacy...

Hi everyone

The subject line says it all. That is what I have experienced (from time to time) in the past and what I have recently been experiencing. Since I'm 32 days into my sobriety and no longer even give alcohol a second thought anymore, I'm not sure this is withdrawal related but I don't know. I also suffer from anxiety, panic attacks, hypo, OCD, depression, Tourette's and a lot of other stuff too (including terrible allergies) plus I've been on Ativan and other benzos for about 12 years off and on (is my brain "fried"?).

Anyway, I just feel extremely bored, depressed, fatigued, unmotivated, apathetic and I always seem to have plenty of brain fog and a dazed or "anesthetized" feeling in my head. The only thing I have found that gets rid of this feeling are stimulants of some sort (pseudoephedrine, caffeine, alcohol, etc) but they never seem work for very long. I also find myself sleeping in as late as I can, not wanting to get up and "face the day" some mornings because my days are filled with boring, routine and very mundane activities although I must say I REALLY enjoy cleaning up animal poop (yeah, right).

Can anyone relate?.

- Thanks so much, IHaveChanged