View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 09:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

I had to laugh as I read others suggestions because they fall right into line with what I would suggest. Talk to your sponsor! LOL

We all hear that a lot when dealing with any resentment, but especially one with ones sponsor! Sounds crazy doesn't it!

Looking back at my drinking days someone would say something and I would either blow up and find out I had not understood what they meant, or I would clam up and let the anger build up inside of me, plotting revenge some times!!!!

I have learned that 99% of the time that when some one says something to me that I am uncomfortable with, that I am simply taking it the worng way, whey never were talking down to me or even at me.

High bottom drunk!!!! Damn good thing to me, my bottom was at the edge of a cliff, one more drink, one more step and I would have been a low bottom drunk or dead!!!!

Times have changed a lot, there are more high bottom drunks in AA then low ones, mainly due to people being far more aware of problems caused by drinking.

My sponsor gets a good laugh when I hit him up with a resentment I have with him, he explains what he meant, I laugh and we move forward, I have a sponsee now and we have the same deal going!