View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 09:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
DesertEyes

Hey there WWP

Originally Posted by Uncertain Me View Post
... I have long used a method of avoiding finding out I can't do something perfectly by merely procrastinating...
That's called "fear of failure", and it's very common with us children of "toxic" families. I could never do anything right for my biological family. Being a smart kid I quickly learned that the best way to not get emotionally blasted at the end of a task was to simple not take o any tasks. As a plan B, find some way to distract the adults so they'd never notice I wasn't doing the task.

From what you describe, it sounds like your "little girl inside" is anticipating criticism. She hasn't yet learned that WWP will _not_ hurt her in any way.

... I would guess you can here WWWP's ululation echoing off my inner heart - she's on the move big time to keep me from "going there."...
yup, and since she's a warrior, she would tell you that the best way to attack a brick fortress is _not_ by throwing yourself against the wall. It's by gathering an army of allies and sneaking in thru the back window

... What is it that makes emotionally unavailable people attractive? ...
That question gets asked about once a month "next door" in the al-anon and nar-anon forums. Aka

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ly-alcoholics/

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...tance-abusers/

Check out those forums and see if you find anything useful.

... Who can ever know if I will be able to change? ...
That one is easy. _you_ can know.

... "How do I stop being attracted to that co-dependent/controlling relationship?" ...
You go learn from the al-anon people.

... Is this a boundary thing? Is this another warrior woman thing? Is this really an inner child thing? ...
none of the above, it's a al-anon thing

... I've managed to procrastinate from looking at and addressing what I need to have done for tomorrow. ...
yup. And you have also increased your awareness of this "character defect" so that you can start to overcome it

... Questions, questions, all around ...
Did you ever do that with your parents? Ask a lot of questions? Did your parents go crazy trying to answer all your questions?

Mike