Thread: treading water?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 06:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bonsai12
Banned Troll

When I read your post I thought of the person who goes to jail for a considerable amount of time and comes out in the same condition or worst. Nothing changes if nothing changes. I went to jail 100% addicted to alcohol and drugs. After a few weeks all the physical symptoms disappeared. I was sick of this crap and was determined to change the way I lived. I spent all of my time reading self help, and recovery books. I read a book or two a day...

12 months clean and sober and after reading all those books when I go out of jail I thought I knew what made me tick. I thought I was going to stay sober for the rest of my life. I got a job, a good job everyone was proud of me and there wasn’t a cloud on the horizon. Something told me I could just stop off for a beer or two so I did and back to jail I went. Today I have an AA sponsor and have worked the 12 steps of recovery in my life and not only do I feel better I no longer have to drink. I have a feeling this isnt something you havent already heard. Nothing changes if nothing changes..