Old 01-11-2008, 05:53 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Paul84

Originally Posted by Longball1 View Post
I don't get it, you don't want to stop what caused you to lose your relationship and also what put you in jail? You clearly cannot control yourself, and like someone said, this is progressive! I'm 25 so i can relate other than the jail, and i once thought i could control things too, but really you can't. You may be able to while consciously thinking about it, but once you stop doing that you will up things like us all, IMO. How you can spend 4 months in jail (sobriety) to come out and drink is mind numbing. I do not want to come off as a jerk or rude, so please don't take it that way. Alcohol has caused you these extreme problems, yet you continue using it. I dare you to not drink for 2 months, not a sip. If you can't, you're an alcoholic IMO. The fact that you returned to what caused you so much trouble is a red flag in my books. There is no point to drinking, go to a crowded bar some night sober, soak it in. See how much "fun" people really are having. If you can kick it, do it now for yourself. Maybe with enough time and change you can save your relationship which in return is not only helping yourself but your child. Good luck, i wish you the best!!!!

LB
Well I just have a few drinks at the weekend and not during the week and I haven't got into any more trouble since. I know I can't afford to get drunk and into a fight again or I'll be back in jail. I only got into trouble when I went too far after spending the whole night drinking.

The fact that I got through the time in jail without drinking made me realise I didn't need it but liked to have it. As I said I don't drink during the week so if I stick with that I think I have things under control. I know most people here wouldn't agree but it's working for me so far. I had to do a drink awareness course in jail as well so I have thought about this a good bit.