View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 03:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Barb, forgive me for shooting straight here, but am I understanding that you want to put him in jail...so that he would have help available?

The thing is, if he wants help he'll get it but if he doesn't, even jail isn't going to make him.

Help is available to him now, AA, NA, detox, rehabs, and I'm sure he has people he can call from the days he was clean, yes? He won't die from the cold if you throw him out, he'll just find another place to stay or a shelter. We don't have to be their only option, especially when they are active in their disease and bring chaos into our homes. They can find a way to get drugs, they can find a way to find shelter too.

Now if you want to lay charges for something he did so he will learn about consequences, by all means do that, but if your motive is simply to make him get help, maybe think again.

How have you been? Have you made it to any meetings yet? I know that when I was having the codependency crazies over my son that meetings really helped me to get myself grounded and let go of his addiction and recovery. It's sad and it's hard to do, but in the end it's the only thing that saved my sanity.

Prayers going out for your boy.

Hugs