View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 10:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
hope213

i go back to step one alot. in fact i read it everyday. powerless & acceptance. it is hard to let go of our children, it does not matter how old they are. we do not like to see them do without anything they really need but in time maybe they will get tired of it & go get it themselves.i used to pay all my d.i.l.'s bills (when she would get 3 months behind) while my son was away. i felt guilty that he was not there helping her & their daughter. after doing it for 10yrs. i got to the point that i could not afford to do it. she quit calling (she never came often). since her & my son separated she has called one time.today i feel very,very used. since then i also found out she was drinking & using also. she has a good job & i never thought about "where her money went",just that she need my help.how dumb is that? i hope your son gets to the point that he will want to take care of himself.today i know to keep my hands off the addict.i will say a prayer for him & especially for you. do something good for yourself this weekend.hugs,