Thread: The Beginning
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 11:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
nandm
Life the gift of recovery!

Originally Posted by justjo View Post
Shes still doing it. I guess Im human, I hate, hate it, to see her and hear her so bad. What has become of her I guess. My beautiful sister, dying in this hell and I know I cant help her. Thats what bothers me the most. I am working on it.
I can truly relate to the pain you are going through. My two oldest daughters spent some time caught up in meth and prostitution. I was terrified and hurt. They finally did get it though and have been clean for over 3 years. There is hope.

The only thing I can suggest is to consider letting her know that you love her but you can not go on with the pain of talking to her when she is using. Let her know that you would love for her to call you when she is not using but will hang up when she is using. Give her the hotline number for AA/NA in your area and let her know that you will fully support her recovery efforts. IMHO that would be one way to protect yourself and it also might be an incentive for her to get some help. Please realize this is only a suggestion, you need to do what you feel is right for your situation.