View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 09:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
darkness_falls

Ready and Scared for Al-Anon

Tonight I made an appointment with a counsellor for myself. A few months ago AH and I went to the doctor together to try and sort out my issues with his depression/drinking. He does realize there's a problem but he see-saws between what (if anything) he will do about it.

Well he's been sleeping pretty much for the last 3 days because of a bad cold but also I think because he's been at the bottle. My AH doesn't drink every day nor does he become intoxiated every time he drinks but he does hide and he does deny. He's also ruined several special occasions with his drinking even when he's promised he would only have "a few."

So this earlier appointment led me to go on anti-depressants for a while to help me cope and we were given some support numbers. I never did make the call because of course, something else always got in the way but being here, I'm now determined so for that I thank you all.

I'm not the type of person to share all kinds of things with others. I'm fairly quiet in real life and besides the individual counselling I've decided to give Al-Anon a try. I've done some reading but to be honest, I'm really quite scared to go. If anybody has any tips or advice on what to expect, what I can learn from the meetings it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.