View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 02:14 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
leogirl

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
just curious leo, what prompted you to move in together? please just take things slowly and know that he must work his recovery program by himself.....i'm not sure anyone but another addict can really ever "understand" what goes on in our heads.....that he has 5 years is a good thing, staying clean should be more natural to him now........as for his attitude and argumentiveness....who knows if this just a hole in his program or just the way he is? if it bugs you, speak up.......you two should be able to discuss any and all issues....in a calm sane manner......now that might take some work on both of you learning HOW to communicate....my bf and i have been living together 5 years now and it STILL bugs me when he leaves cups or glasses in the sink and can't remember to take his socks to the laundry basket.....we have a running argument over the proper setting on thermostat......that's the small potato stuff you learn to live with.....it's when coming home to them is the LAST thing you wanna do that indicates we've got problems, big ones.........good luck

Good question, it's mainly because I want to spend my life and future with him. It feels very natural- I love him like no other. Despite us butting heads at times, I still run up the stairs when I come home from work because I know he is going to be there. I still get little happy butterflies in my stomach when I see him. I realize these are not the foundations of a relationship, yet they remind me I'm in the right place. He's never once lied to me, never once cheated on me, and never once done anything to hurt me.

It's the potential hurting of himself that I most worry about. Hurtig himself would hurt me too.

I have noticed he likes to take things slowly in the relationship. I was upset a few weeks ago because we aren't married yet. He said he wants to get his **** more together before we tie the knot. I can appreciate that. Although most traditional ladies say if he really loved me, he would have already proposed. Still, I say he is not like every other guy, and I don't mind waiting.

He has a great job, a nice truck, and we've had the apartment for 6 months. I think he's doing pretty good for himself. I've accepted that fact that I will never change him or save him from himself if there is ever trouble in the future. Yet- I still harp on him about quitting smoking - he really is an addictive person, eh.