View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 09:15 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Omega Man
Ending the Old Me.

Yeah - welcome Flood.

Gravy - No, I haven't started any offical step work, I don't even have a sponsor. As I've stated before, I'm not even sure if AA is for me in the long run; but at the moment, I really enjoy it. I'm sober, have no desire to drink, and feel really good. I'm reading the big book, I'm at chapter 7, (Working with Others), but I'm going to go back and start at (How it Works) again tonight.

I'm not worried about what happens next, I believe everything will come at it's own pace. I may really click with someone at my next AA meeting and they become my sponsor, who knows.

Anyway - I spent the afternoon today in a sports bar with friends watching the NFL playoff game and it honestly did not bother me at all. I mean, I didn't even think of having a beer. It wasn't until I got home and checked in here that drinking crossed my mind.

I'm weird like that, I can be around it with no problems. Other times, I'll be doing something that I would never associate with with drinking and bam, it hits me, "a beer would be good now", even though I don't want it. Weird! I wish I could get rid of those random thoughts.

All I know is that I woke up sober and I'm going to bed sober. Today was a good day!