Thread: Just kick me...
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 02:16 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
outonalimb

Cece...

No frying pan or bunny slippers from me. Nope. I've been thru this type of insanity with my bank too. When things were really bad with my exah financially, I probably paid thousands of dollars in NSF fees to our bank. What starts out as a $20 shortage in your acct can quickly snowball into hundreds of dollars. Its just plain theivery if you ask me.

Its no different than the credit card companies who can decide to unilaterally raise your interest rates for reasons completely unrelated to the way you handle your acct with them. I just had one of my credit card companies try to raise my interest rate to nearly 30%. For some strange reason, I actually stopped to read the small print notice that they sent out with my bill which said if I didn't contact them and close the acct, they would assume I was okay with this increase and charge me accordingly. I got on the phone and gave them a piece of my mind and closed the damn acct. I'll pay it off as soon as I can and I"ll never do business with them again. Congress is considering a law that outlaws this practice. Whats wrong with these companies? How greedy must they be?

Anywho...I went off on a tangent...but BOY does this topic get to me !!

Hugs to you cece. You didn't mess up... Your son learned a valuable (and costly) lesson but enough is enough sometimes !!

Hugs...