View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 08:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
dogfreak

This has been happening so often lately, and it seems like there is never a bed in a detox facility when he wants one. He does go to the hospital and sometimes they are helpful and other times just send him home. I get so embarrassed taking him so often for the same thing. I feel like he put himself in this position...why do I always have to be the one to help get him out of it. He sure didn't ask for my help when he poured that first beer down his throat.

He did crash my car into a fence on Friday. I really thought that would be the "sobering up" day for him, but, I guess since he wasn't hurt, didn't hurt anyone else, and didn't go to jail it wasn't enough.

How do you all not give in when they get so upset with you for not giving them what they want? He will throw things around, punch holes in the walls, and yell at the top of his lungs. I am scared he will harm our dogs (they are our children) in his fit of rage, so I usually give in which probably just teaches him to continue this behavior. I guess I should just pack up my dogs and leave, but I am worried about what he will do to all of my possessions and what he will do to himself. He has attempted suicide in the past and still talks about ending it. It just seems like even if I stand my ground and don't help him get what he wants, he will find a way to get it. He has pawned stuff before. If I hide his keys, he rides his bike. Wow...I am beginning to see just how sneaky he is.

I am glad I have to go to work later today as it will get my mind off things for a bit, but I also worry about him being home alone. I am realizing that I have no control over his actions. I hope I have the strength to not give in to him again...

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for your responses. It truly helps to know others have been in my shoes, even though I wish nobody ever had to go through anything like this.