Thread: My Depression
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 05:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
sugarssweetpea
Growing, Learning, Living

Vic,
I am sorry you are feeling so bad. I think there has been some great advice offered above. I understand your feelings about the meds, but I agree with the above posts that you need to take care of yourself. I struggle with depression myself & have since I was about 12. I believe I started using drugs & alcohol to self medicate. Well, we all know the outcome of that. I was on Zoloft for only a month, that is all that was prescribed to me (that was a different situation in a different state). I don't think that was long enough to tell a difference. For me, I am working the steps right now for my eating habits. I have found that I replace one thing for another. I know that certain foods (especially sugar) has some of the same effects in brain chemistry with the serotonin & endorphin levels as drugs & alcohol. I am trying to work on that & free myself from all addiction & raise my levels naturally with healthy eating & exercise before I take anything medically for it. I have also considered medicating for it, until I can raise it naturally. I don't know if this post has made any sense to you or if it confused you more. I'm sorry if it has. I just want you to know that you are not alone & I will pray for you daily to make the decision that is best for you. Best for you to get healthy & happy. To be the person God created you to be.