View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 12:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Growing
Progress Not Perfection

Thank you for this thread and Welcome. Love and Prayers sent your way.

I agree with everyone else, if there was a part of you questioning whether you should seek counseling....I know I have a voice that tells me everything is an over-reaction..just me...but I have to ignore that voice sometimes.

Everything posted here was great to read for anyone. I am so grateful today for the opportunity to be a part of SR and get my hands on all this good information.

I just wanted to quote Prodigal because it was pure gold IMHO.:

"You've been through an emotional meat grinder, and you are far too young to be scarred for life by this mess. I'd suggest you get into counseling and find Al-Anon meetings in your area. You CAN heal and you can pick up the broken pieces of your life - with time, patience and a good dose of self-love.

In the meantime, you have a future ahead of you. Please don't let this relationship trash your hopes and dreams. You need to find out what is at the bottom of all the rage and grief. This relationship certainly contributed to those feelings, but perhaps those feelings were there, in part, before you ever met this man."

I ditto what Prodigal said, especially this part: "You need to find out what is at the bottom of all the rage and grief. This relationship certainly contributed to those feelings, but perhaps those feelings were there, in part, before you ever met this man."

I would add that I hope you will consider grief counseling for the loss of the child.

Love and support sent your way,

Growing