Thread: anger
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 11:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Growing
Progress Not Perfection

Fantastic thread guys!

(Satit, I hope you will be riding a motorcycle again soon, healing and getting back to guitar...)

Some of you know this is my problem...anger.

Today I realize that the anger is my defense mechanism against getting sad or depressed. But now, when I am angry, I realize that I need to be alone and analyze what is really going on and write it down if necessary. Usually when I do that, I realize something is really making me sad and I get angry to cover it up...not to show weakness which is a left over/useless coping mechanism from my screwed up childhood...funny thing is anger pushes people away, whereas sadness (not depression), is something people can relate to.

I give myself 30min to figure out what is going on and write if down if necessary. Then if it is major...a day to grieve it..then I force myself to move on and I only come back to it on paper to journal...ect.

Obviously, if someone died or something like that, it would take longer...but I choose not to *indulge* myself in depression...because alot of mine is imagined or self-created.

Take what you like, leave the rest.

Growing