View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 09:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
VanessaLee13

Meetings/Family Sessions at ABF's Rehab?

I have a question that came up to me in my thread about my first Naranon meeting:
Anyone have any experience with what types of meetings/sessions rehabs offer for family members (if any)?

My ABF (Brian) is in a rehab right now, and Brian has told me they have some type of meeting I am supposed to go to at some point. I'm not sure exactly what type of meeting it is (and neither is he yet).

Also, is it normal that the rehab has made no contact with me at all? Brian did just finish detox on Christmas, started a pre-orientation this past Thursday, isn't starting his actual rehab orientation until tomorrow (Monday), and won't have a bed in the rehab dorms until sometime this week (he is sleeping in the detox facility until then).

Since I've never been through this before, I'm not sure how much rehabs typically integrate the family into the process, with family sessions, with and without the addict, or if they have Naranon-type meetings for family. Or if they pretty much focus 100% on the addict, and not the family.

Thanks!
Vanessa