View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 11:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Stellargirl

if alcoholism is such a 'disease', can the host still be held responsible?
Yes, I think he can be held responsible. He made these decisions didn't he? But I may be lacking some compassion here. Is he your age also?

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! Me and 2/3 other women over in the F&F sub. abuse forum seem to all be in similiar boats.

YOU ARE 20! Learn the lessons of this and MOVE ON-is my advice. But I know that is much easier said then done.

, but should I help support him through this (while trying to get over him)?
No, you should support yourself and get over him.
How can you get over someone and support them at the same time?(I am totally writing this to myself as well as you!)
Get support from your family and friends. It was very hard to admit I fell for an alcoholic/addict but it happens. Many women end up marrying these lost souls and lose themselves in the process.
If he is in rehab hopefully you have no contact and that may be the easiest way to get over him.
You have a lot of life left and your future is important!

but what about me?
Yes, focus on you!!!!
Counseling and maybe Alanon would be a good way to start.
Take all the time you need for you.
Even if he gets clean, he may relapse and this will be an issue forevermore.
I read in another post[QUOTE]Bottom line, I think, is this: Life with an alcoholic (whether drinking or sober) is not, and never will be a normal relationship.[QUOTE]
and if he is cheater too and you were so in love...then can you really trust this won't happen again?