Thread: Failure Again
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 07:44 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

You know I spent 10 years trying to get sober my way, I was going to get sober alone, I was a MAN!!!! I never needed any ones help doing anything else in my life, my will power would reign SUPREME!!!! I needed no one to stay on that wagon!

I will let you in on a little secret...... I ended my 40 year drinking career by simply surrendering!!! Yes, I surrendered and WON!!!!!!

I surrendered to the fact that my way did not work!!!! I reached out my hand and said "I can not do this alone! Help me!"

Trying to stay on the wagon holding on all by myself did not work!

I finally figured out that I needed a recovery wagon with other people on it, other people who knew how to hold on to the wagon and were more then happy to show me how they held on to that wagon and to help me hold on to it if I needed help!

The recovery wagon I chose was called AA, there are more people on that wagon then on every other recovery wagon in history combined.

The great thing is though is there are other recovery wagons then AA in case one can not hold on to the AA wagon.

There is one thing that ALL recovery wagons have in common, no one can hold on to them unless they work the entire recovery program to the best of thier ability of the wagon they choose.

There is not a single recovery wagon out there that does not involve work to hold onto, some of the work needed is not what we may want to do, but if we want to be happy, joyous and free of alcohol we have to do the work or we will fall off the wagon time and time again.

If one is not willing to do what ever it takes to get and stay sober then there is a good possibilty they just have not drank enough yet to make them willing. Oh trust me, I spent 10 years drinking in misery because I was not willing, I really just had not drank enough to become willing to do what ever it takes.