View Single Post
Old 06-15-2002, 07:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hi Kitty

I know that when I am struggling with life, I tend to isolate and stay in my "safe zone" which is my house. I used to be very active and see my friends often, even the ones who live in another city, but because of the issues with my son the past few years, I have not been as social. I can't really talk much about what is happening, because it would take 100 years to try to explain addiction and codependency and what it really means, they don't really want to hear all the horror stories, and because that was such a big part of my life, I didn't have much else to talk about with them. I know that they would in their own compassionate way, just say why don't you just forget about him and not see him at all.

I found it hard to get motivated to do "fun" things, and I felt depressed and just wanted to stay quiet and safe. And my high energy level, fell to an all-time low. I was drained.

As I worked my recovery, I learned to "make" myself do at least a few things to get my mind on anything else, and after a while I found that I felt better right after doing those things. So I started to do a little more, and it got better.
I still isolate sometimes, but usually when I really need the peace of being alone. But I make sure that I do some little thing every day to keep me out of my "funk".

This is an exhausting disease, and it drains us physically, emotionally, and mentally. We have to work to get our strength back.

And I take hormones . It also helps me a lot (seriously). Menopause just made everything 10 times worse, and with hot flashes to boot.

Hugs