View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 05:02 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Spiritual Seeker
get it, give it, grow in it

I didn't quite follow the volley of words up above. But I do want to address the topic of resentments bec that is where my struggle has been the last week. Probably fueled by Xmas. I have come to the conclusion today (I have the authority to change my mind as I become wiser or triggered LOL) That to get over resentments doesn't require anything from the person I am resenting. It is all about me and saving myself. When I am unable to communicate bec I don't have the courage or do not want a confrontation I can release the resentment. For example:I asked my two stepsons ea. to do something for me.
Neither of them even responded. I do want to talk to them about this at a later date but in the mean time I release the resentment by thinking why did I even ask them when they have never indicated that they want to do anything for me. Silly me for thinking it would be different this time. Also, I won't continue to give and give where it is not reciricated and then I won't build something to fester and turn into resentments at a later time.