View Single Post
Old 12-25-2007, 08:31 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
DesertEyes

Originally Posted by ccirider View Post
... I can't speak for Miss, but I certainly didn't interpret her statements the way you are.....
Neither did I If you look thru my post you will note that I did not quote anybody. I was not answering anybody. I was sharing my experience on the _subject_ of the thread. As they say in al-anon, I am placing principles before personalities and discusing the _principle_ of "necesary truth" without involving any personalities.

That's the foundation of the rule discouraging cross-talk. When I direct my comments _at_ somebody I am discussing personalities. When I direct my comments at my personal experience with the principle being discussed I avoid personalities, and I avoid "triggering" myself, or others.

...It's just a checklist that she goes through before she opens her mouth. ....
Yes, that was quite clear. I shared _my_ checklist.

... Mike, I don't think that Miss said what she said out of arrogance and ego. ....
I totally agree. I don't think so either. What I said is that _I_ have a character defect where _I_ will speak out of arrogance and ego.

... The way I see it the person who has been doing the controlling and directing here has been you. ....
Thank you for the observation. I'll be sure to share your opinion with my sponsor

... you are a moderator who struggles with codependency. That's not always a good combination.....
That's the whole _point_ to a self-help group. We are all here _because_ we struggle with issues and we are all learning from each other. Be kind of silly for me to show up at a self-help group where I have _no_ issues, don't you think?

Mike