View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 07:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ICU

I'm in an apt. so I'm not sure a pellet stove would be allowed. I'll have to check my lease. But it sounds interesting as I've done a preliminary google on it. I live on the second floor so I have my blinds open all day. The sun that I get in the afternoon helps somewhat.

I do have the budget plan for the gas/electric. I'm using less heat than last year, but the $$$ have gone way up anyway. I'm sure others must be feeling it as well. I'm just trying to cut corners where I can.

Yeah, I did this negative vs. positive post because I'm really trying to pull myself out of the slump I'm in. I want Christmas to be as happy as possible. Recognizing the good I have even when some things are not so good seems to be helping.

I actually put Christmas music on...Kenny Loggins (but of course) and Josh Groban (the last one on your reco, I believe) while I was wrapping some presents for my folks and my furbabies. My mood has been uplifted and a far cry from what it was for the last few days.

I was hoping that others might want to join in like you did and post what is good in their lives, even if there is some 'not so good'. It's helped me so much.

Sounds like you've got some 'good things' on your plate too! Nice to see! Enjoy the holidays with your family!