View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 06:32 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  
rayofsunshine

Originally Posted by Babs View Post
I think it will be good for my sons to see their father looking and sounding healthy and it will be good for the X to know that we support his sobriety.

I don't know, maybe I am just sending him mixed messages, but I found that I couldn't just ignore him at Christmas when he is doing so well.
Hi Babs,
That sounds like a wonderful lesson for your sons as well. I think there may be one in there for me as well. Me and youngest daughter are going to see AH later today and take his "coming home" clothes. Even though he made me angry enough to hang up on him (angrys probably not the right word, I wasn't REALLY angry, just didnt want to hear it), I am still going to take
the clothes and visit today because it's Christmas. He is doing well right now too, as far as sobriety, so I'll support that as best I can. It is hard when your inventory is being taken every conversation, but I don't have to get in on that drama each time I'm invited.

Hello_Kitty, I'm planning on writing and mailing a boundaries list for him to sign in the days after Christmas. Some of the boundaries for my list have been popping in my head this morning. BTW the probation officer left a message a couple days ago about his release and the conditions of his parole he's got to go over with me, I've got to call him back Monday (if he's in) or it may be after Christmas. (My immature side wants to collect beer cans and throw around my yard, so it appears unsafe and they won't let him come here.... my mature side says I need to do my best for this last chance and let what happens be all on him.)