View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 09:40 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Well for those that feel thier child hood was a major player in thier alcoholism what I am about to share might just cause one to do what they should be doing with any problem they have and have a look in the mirror!

My parents were beyond good, they were married when I was born, my father was an alcoholic but quit drinking the day I came home from the hospital.

My parents priorities were food on the table, a roof over our heads, & clothes on our backs, everything else came after those.

My brother and I were raised by parents who put our welfare ahead of their own.

I was raised in a happy household by 2 parents who never left a doubt in our minds that they loved each other and loved us.

Everything we did we did as a family, we were not poor nor were we rich, we did alright.

There was no abuse verbal or physical.

There is not a single thing from my childhood that anyone other then myself did or did not do that even in my wildest dreams I could twist in any manner that I could use as a reason I am an alcoholic.

As an adult I found that I was truly blessed in the way I was raised as I learned from friends what their childhoods were like, most of them did not become alcoholics or drug addicts yet thier childhoods in comparison to mine were a living hell. My wife was raised in a abusive house hold, physically and verbally, yet she is neither a drug addict nor an alcoholic.

Do not get me wrong, I am sure that a bad childhood can speed up alcoholism or drug addiction, but if I am any proof of it, for me my childhood should have made me bulletproof to alcoholism or drug addiction.