View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 07:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Rella927
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

I apologize if this sounds preachy. It just makes me sad to see so many of you putting yourselves in second place behind the bottle. Placing ourselves FIRST and recognizing that we ARE more important than the bottle is a tiny little baby step toward our own recovery.
Kindeyes- not preaching at all...it is just that sometimes when those who are involved with an A...be it a friend, husband, wife, child, sibling, grandparent, Parent or whatever may have you-it takes them hitting their own bottom to allow themselves to know what you have said.

I know that when I was involved with an A it took me 3 years with him but 18 years in a whole to realize that no matter what I do that bottle is going to come before me and I have choices as an adult-so I finally reached a point where I had to make myself FIRST and I did! It helped me to cope better with my brother and others in my life that are unhealthy and choose the life they want-which I no longer have to be a part of anyone's life but my own! I did not know this as a child-I knew as an adult things were not right but it took me to hit my bottom to realize what I needed to do to change it! All the "preaching" words, suggestions had to sink into me until I actually GOT IT! It takes time.....just as it takes time to recover

Recovery is a wonderful thing if we work it!

Great words KindEyes!