Thread: One year later
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 04:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
cagefree
I Finally Love My Life!!!

Originally Posted by sketscher View Post
My boyfriend insisted that I will really like them and I guess I fear I won't because I hardly every really like people until I've known them for some time.
I used to let other people decide how I felt about people and situations for me. I have worked to change this to no longer think this way. It keeps me safe and allows me to feel comfortable by putting power and control back into my hands, because I choose who, when and how long.

Well the conversation about this change in plan just turned into me confessing that I really wasn't looking forward to this.
I used to hide how I really felt from people to prevent arguements and to protect others and their feelings because I felt responsible for both. Today I only feel responsible for myself.

Does he really deserve a women like me who can't even just be glad that he's excited to show me off.
When my intuition would speak I used to turn a deaf ear to it, deny it, make excuses for the situations it spoke of. I no longer force myself to feel one feeling or another and don't make excuses for feeling that I have. I also came to believe that when others tell me what I should be feeling, as someone on this forum once wrote, I no longer believe they do it because they care. I also no longer find this acceptable behaviour.

WTF is wrong with me????
Absolutely nothing