View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 12:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
nytepassion
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

See, addicts are not as helpless as we appear to be .. and in doing for herself she will uncover strength even she will be surprised she has and it will only make her stronger... (kind ofva basic training of sorts .. that can come into play if and when she decides to climb out of the pit of addiction hell)

You mentioned her getting away from her abusive bf .. I am not sure what state your in, but there is a grant (Domestic Violence Grant) she can inquire about at the welfare office ... it is a grant of I think twelve hundred dollars to move into a new place... they will not give her the money outright, but if she looks for housing and finds a manager/owner that will accept the grant they will pay the landlord the money for her to move in up to 1200 bucks! But I suggest she doesn't utilize that UNTIL she is absolutely ready to leave him beyond a shadow of a doubt.

If she is truly trying to help and better herself and her life .. and she has come to you with a humble heart and ask if you could drive her to the welfare office it could be that she just needs moral support and you know if you decided to take her .. you don't have to stay .. you could drop her off and have her call you when she is done if you wanted to pick her up ... You know all the inns and outs of the situation .. either way you look at it is a hard decision to make.

****{Hugs}}}
Passion

Last edited by nytepassion; 12-19-2007 at 12:34 PM.