View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 11:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Lobo

Sleepygoat,
I agree with Moose. If she wasn't an addict would you help her with this?
It sounds like she is taking the initiative to get things in order. If you feel comfortable taking her then I would do so and I would not think that is enabling.

My RAD asked me to take her to apply for welfare and I was so glad I did. She was able to get Medicaid, food stamps. Since she has gotten it she has taken care of her doctor app.. She feels like she is helping out because she can contribute with buying some food. The best thing of all she got herself into therapy without my coaching and she is in therapy once a week. I wanted so badly for her to do that because of the sexual abuse that she has been through but I didn't push. She did it on her own. Her bi polar meds are paid for and she takes them regularly now since she has Rx on her plan.

It has been a positive move for her all the way around and I'm not sorry that all I did was give her a ride and spend a couple hours out of my time for her.

After all was said and done she said "thanks a lot mum for taking me, I appreciate it."

Think about it............Lo