View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 05:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sleepygoat

she fixed something on her own!

I am amazed. The following message on my cell phone from my AD:

"Hey mom, you know that creepy older guy from the strip club I told you about? He won't stop calling and calling me. I didn't know what to do. So yesterday I called the nextel company. They said I could change my phone # at no charge. So I changed it to....
So write it down, OK? "

She even repeated the new number in case I missed it.

She had left two messages this week that she needed me to help her with something. I'm sure it was all about this stalker type guy. I had called back but didn't reach her.... This has to be my higher power telling me she is actually capable of helping herself when she really wants to.

Which leads me to this:

I have been struggling for several weeks with the question of whether to take her to Welfare so she can apply for welfare, housing, and medicaid. She wants me to take her and has asked me several times.. She's always been too caught up in using to get herself to appointments or anything.

If she gets on welfare, she can
a)get emergency housing and get away from abusive BF
b)get medicaid and therefore have insurance for treatment when she wants it.

The reasons I don't want to take her are
a)I don't want to spend my day waiting in the waiting room of an inner city welfare office. I have a busy life.
b) She is an addict, not physically disabled or mentally ********. She could conceivable do this herself and not have to be 'taken' and then babysat while sitting there.

so given this recent phone call, I feel as if God is telling me, "She can take herself to the welfare office just like she fixed this one on her own."

Now, to just stick to my guns the next time she asks! :codiepolice