View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 04:09 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
hmbld

Need some help here...

I'm trying to evaluate if my actions, reactions, handling etc.. is enabling or co-dependent behavior.

1. I'm not angry, not at all. My friends find this odd. Is it odd or is it normal? Am I not angry because I set a boundary and stuck to it, or is it because I am not really addressing the situation, essentially denial?

2. I still talk to him on a daily basis. Some conversations are a matter of household coordination (what bill did you pay already, what is coming due next, what are the online account numbers yada yada) other conversations are solely just conversation (how are you doing? What all did you do today? How was the doctor's appointment..) He's expressed that he's sorry, I've expressed that I'm sorry too (not for anything on my part, merely the situation). My friends feel I should cut off all contact period. Is my contact with him enabling him? I've not wavered on my stance that he can no longer live here, but now I'm getting kind of freaked out that I may be enabling him by not being all pissy and is me being cordial to him going to make things worse? It's all so confusing.

I'm holding strong on my boundaries, but are my boundaries not solid boundaries? I guess I'm feeling that I should somehow be doing more, but then I think that is the control freak coming out, trying to control his actions with my actions. I dunno, I'm just all kinds of confused with what I should and should not be doing at this point. HEEEEELP!