View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 12:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
marle

Unhappy Just how fast things change:(

As you know I have been having a pretty good relationship with my AD. She came for Thanksgiving and we have been calling and texting occasionally. She was planning on coming for Christmas. After Thanksgiving we had a real heart to heart. With her telling me that she did not want me to think that she did not love me, that I was a great mom, that her addiction was her problem and nothing personal. Since then nothing out of the ordinary has happened. I am thinking that although we can't have a normal relationship, at least we both know that we are loved. Well this morning that all changed. She texted me at 7:30 right before I had to go to school to tell me she could not come for Christmas. I asked why and she told me because she hates Christmas. I can understand that and so I texted back that "Maybe next year and that I loved her and if she ever needed to talk, she could call." I then left for work. When I came home for lunch there was another text from her that just said, "Well, I don't love you." There was absolutely no need for her to hurt me that way. No need and try as I might I don't understand why she had to say that. She did not need to answer me back. She was already excused from Christmas so that was not her motive. That was just cruel and inexcusable on her part. I understand that she is an addict. I accept that she is where she is. I don't try to force recovery on her. She does not need to pick a fight to run away and use. She just wanted to hurt me and she succeeded. Marle