View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 12:33 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
hmbld

Originally Posted by Rella927 View Post
Very proud of you hmbld! for holding your own and putting that foot down for what is right for you!

If you want to visit him that is your choice, and if you do not that is your choice too! Be gentle with yourself on this and do what you feel within yourself because that will be the right choice!

P.S. I do not blame you for not liking driving in NJ I live here and cannot stand it! LOL
Thanks. I'm feeling all kinds of Zen calm today. He and I talked over the weekend and it was cordial. He's going to find an apartment of his own, that way we'll each have our own space but he'll be close enough to be able to see his daughter. I've kept my boundary and I'm happy with myself. I have no problem with him being a part of her life and as an extension, mine, he just can't be drinking around us.

My daughter's counselor told us both that he would more than likely relapse a time or two before he gets it right. Now he can relapse in the comfort of his own place, and her and I don't have to be privy to it. It's totally on him now if he makes it or not. I'm not really concerned either way. Sure I'm rooting for him to succeed, but I don't have this huge weight on me like I used to with regards to it.