View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 09:46 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Jersey Nonny
Old & Sober Member of AA

I still prefer to help one to be better able to take care of oneself as opposed to taking care.
Slash...I prefer to believe our intentions are the same, we're just wording it differently.

I just feel for those who will embrace this idea and end up being hurt by these irresponsible people.
Hevyn...I totally agree...but, I must accept the things I cannot change. If I thought it would have any effect to start a "ban the book" campaign, count me in!!! In the meantime, giving more thought to the authors of this book is just allowing them to "live rent free" in my head.

The publication alone of this book has already done damage...imagine all the passionate recovering alcoholics, like yourself, who are being adversely affected by the "social drinkers" concept being fostered by so-called alcoholics. I shudder to think of how many hapless souls will be led to near or total destruction, if they adopt the premise being put forth by these opportunists...are they really intent on improving the lives of fellow alcoholics, or just out to make a few dollars at their expense!?!