View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 08:05 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
hairgirl

I never had a problem with alcohol, as I did with food, drugs, relationships.I was definately stuffing my feelings and numbing my pain with these things.You can't stop eating, but you have to learn how to control it, or you will get unhealthy.Relationships fall in the same, you have to set boundaries, or you will be involved in messy relationships.
The way I dealt with the pain and lonliness was wrong, I had to learn to let go of resentment and learn self respect.I don't agree with the authors, but I have reservations about this issue.If I never had a problem with drinking, why should I avoid it forever? I still eat and have relationships, and those things were definately problem areas.I know some will say, there is always a chance to develop a problem, but there is with anything I have abused already.It is confusing.I just stay sober because it is a step in my recovery.Will I drink again? Don't know for sure.I know I don't want to ever take drugs again,and I don't want to be obese again, but recovery is about the reasons you abused certain things, and those are what I am working on, soberly.Better to be clear headed.