View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 02:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
nandm
Life the gift of recovery!

Day 5

Day 5

Everyday Spirituality

"Your goals don't start in your brain, they start in your heart." Anonymous.

Spirituality is all-encompassing. It's as much the ability to accept love as it is the capacity for loving. It's the sensation of having connected with another person on a meaningful level. It's the willingness to share of ourselves when we feel that someone else will benefit from that sharing. It's giving and forgetting the gift. It's being true because we've earned the trust of others.

Spirituality is a lack of self-pity---the willingnss to release self-will. It's accepting who we are, knowing that we're becoming whom we hope to be. It's doing our very best and leaving the results in the ahnds of a power greater than ourselves. It's meeting challenges and not fearing failure.

The more we think about the deeper meaning of our path as we arrive at Step Twelve, the more we realize that we've just skimmed the surface of the meaning of spirituality in our lives. Perhaps it means that all the power in the universe is working to maintain health and balance in our lives; that we can now accept the past and not dwell in the future, and that we've developed the ability to keep ourselves in the heree and now.

Today's Step: I am able to practice the spiritual principles I have learned in all my affairs.
Step by Step. Muriel Zink