Thread: One year later
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 10:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ICU

As far as the car went, I meant the two of you drive in together (without the rest of the crowd), not driving to the party separately! Sorry 'bout that!

Hmmm...I think there might be some red flags waving.

1. He's jealous (maybe he hasn't totally worked through his last relationship of '12' years ago yet). But, I do understand how that might make someone more cautious.

2. You don't feel comfortable sharing your past with him. Eventually, things have a way of coming out. I would be concerned about not feeling comfortable with his reaction about knowing 'all' of you. But then again, only you can decide when and if you tell him. If you can't be honest, is that the kind of relationship you want?

3. Why would he question if you're sick of him yet? That seems kind of odd to me.

4. He gets offended easily. OK, well if it bothers you after 'only two months', what will that be like in 4 months? 6 months? 2 years?

I'm not saying he's a bad guy, or doesn't have anything good to bring to the plate. It's just that in the first two months of relationships that I've been in, issues hadn't begun to surface yet. At least not important ones. The fact that the two of you are having these types of issues surface so soon might be a good reason to slow it down and re-evaluate.

I don't have any experience with dating services, but what might look good on paper doesn't mean it's a good match. Two 'sensitive' people might help each other, or, might feed on each other's issues! Have you considered if you think this is what you want, or, the right relationship for you right now?

As far as the depression, if you are concerned about it, have you thought of making an apt. with a doctor? I know sometimes I experience crying jags (sometimes monthly) and everything seems so impossible when I feel like that. I have also suffered from short-term depression in the past, and I know the difference between the two (for me anyway). If you're not sure, why not check it out?

I'm sorry you're feeling this way. Here's a hug (((Sketcher)))! Keep coming back, ok?