Thread: One year later
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 08:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
ICU

Nice to hear from you again Sketscher.

Originally Posted by sketscher View Post
Also I got a little worked up over a change in plans that we are now being picked up by a designated driver and taken to a pre-party. I feel out of my element, meeting all these strangers who are so curious about me and now I'll be at their mercy for a ride home.
Would using your own transportation to and from the party make you feel more comfortable? I know I wouldn't be thrilled about meeting a bunch of new people AND being at their mercy for having them drive me to and from a party situation either. Seems to me if driving your own vehicle, or your boyfriend's, would make you feel more comfortable, that should be easy enough to accomplish.

As far as meeting a bunch of new people, yeah, I'm not real comfortable doing that either. I went to a gathering of all new people this past summer, and I was actually looking forward to it (that was unusual for me). It went well. Most of these people I'll maybe see once or twice more in my life, if that, so, worrying about 'not clicking' or 'not fitting it' or 'not living up to anyone's expectations of me' wasn't really an issue.

Just some questions for you (to ask of yourself, you don't have to share them here if you don't want to)....Is the fact that he hasn't dated for 12 years (because his ex cheated on him), and your previous situation the reason why you haven't shared that information with him? Maybe you don't feeling deserving of him? Or you're not used to being treated well? It just sounds to me like you are being awfully hard on yourself.

Or maybe it's just the bah-humbug blues....if I was asked to a party in the mood I'm in right now, I'd probably beg out of it!

Anyway, I hope when you do go to the party, that once there, you'll begin to relax and enjoy yourself. It's just a party, right?