Old 12-14-2007, 11:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
nandm
Life the gift of recovery!

Day 4

Day 4
Acting "As if"

"How much shall I be changed, before I am changed!" John Donnell

To begin this step, all you need is simply to act as if you do believe the message of the step, whether or not you're convinced of its workability.

Think of it in terms of building a house. You know that before the foundation can be laid, excavations must be dug. Yet, when you look at the excavation, you see nothing but an empty hole. It's very difficult to convince yourself that the completed structure will look like the architectural rendering you selected for your dream house. All you can do is trust that the architect has drawn plans that the builder can translate into a well-built, attractive home.

In the early stages of recovery, there will be unseen evidence that the process is working for you depsite all your doubts and confusion. The plans have already been drawn and are based on a design that has proven to be workable. And there are people ready to reassure you that this program has demonstrated its effectiveness to them despite their skepticism.

Today's Step: In the earliest steps toward sanity, I am willing to trust my process and act "as if".
Step By Step. Muriel Zink