View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 01:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FastSteve

Thumbs up Another day - no drink

Hi gang

Its been 7 days now since I decided I should try & give up drinking (last Thursday). I've been an evening drinker for years. My week's been like this:

Thursday - Stayed at girlfriend's - no drink. Felt tired.
Friday - Stayed at girlfriend's again - no drink. Felt tired again.
Saturday - Went to theatre - no drink. Felt ok. Good evening.
Sunday - Girlfriend came to my house - I gave in and we had some wine with dinner. Oops.
Monday - Went to first AA meeting. No drink.
Tuesday - Stayed at girlfriends. No drink. Feeling really good.
Today - I had a really hectic day in the office and driving home I admit I did consider getting some wine. I have a 60 mile drive home and must've changed my mind about 50 times whether to get a bottle of wine or not. When I got to my home town I stuck firm and decided to just get some food, take it home and eat it straight away. I did this and the appeal of having a glass of wine vanished immediately. I will remember this!! After dinner I went online and found an AA meeting 5 miles away that I could make so I went back out and drove there only to find the building had been knocked down and a development of new homes was being built there. Bugger. The AA website database must need updating - either that or I was lost. So I drove home again a bit disappointed.

I'm now tucked up in bed with my laptop feeling good that I have again not had a drink. Girlfriend just called on the phone - she hasn't had any drink tonight either.

Just wanted to check-in here and keep in touch.

Best wishes to you all.

Steve