View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 10:20 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
DevastatedJP

I mentioned once that I had a very similiar situation with my daughter. I don't feel bad about it. Not one bit! I called 911 on my daughter. They sent an ambulance with the sheriff and when she continued to be obstinate, they took her to the ER to be drug tested, pumped her stomach and threw her little ungrateful, bullying ass in the mental health ward for 10 days. Best 10 days of my life!!!

I am not so sure if in NC you can legally kick her out since she's a minor without some sort of emancipation procedure but you sure can have her taken out.

Everyone here as given you really good advice about how to proceed to protect yourself and your assets. I don't blame you for jumping on her cause he needs to know who the boss is. You are the parent, you are the adult and she is the child and she wants to pretend to be grown by making demands, tearing up your house and grabbing your purse, you have a right to clock her. I'm sorry if that sounds bad but like somebody else said, if it were a stranger tearing up your house, demanding your new telephone or trying to take your purse of you, would you tolerate it? Certainly not. Your daughter is a stranger to you now and until she gets treatment, and I'm pretty sure you can force that issue since she is not 18 yet, or she wants treatment. Also, you may want to call the magistrate's office or DSS and ask them what you can do. Make no apologies - this is all for her own good. She is out of control and dangerous to herself and you.

Another consideration.....is she in school or has she quit? Does she have a driver's license? No driver's licenses for NC drop-outs! I'd put a call into DMV and give them a head's up if she's quit school and has a DL. They will get her eventually but I'd speed up the process and hit her where it hurts. Driving is not a right.

I think it's great that you held your ground on the urine test. That's a good strategy and a good boundary.

So did you mess up your nails when you popped her? I sure hope not. lol. What a waste of a good pampering!

Last edited by DevastatedJP; 12-12-2007 at 10:21 AM. Reason: spelling