Thread: What do you do?
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 08:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
nytepassion
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

Like a wounded animal ... let him lick his wounds and take care of himself. He is w/d from drugs (a substance he put into his own body fully knowing it was not good for him) He did this all by himself and he has to w/d all by himself. No need to pamper or make every thing all neat and tidy for him. More then likely he is not going to want to do anything but hang out at your place or if he does go out with you he won't want to be out very long. w/d's are not very fun ... Maybe it would be best to put his visit off until he feels better and for you to just go out and enjoy yourself this weekend without having to tiptoe around withdrawals? I have been through withdrawals a few times myself and with other people and honestly .. generally when in withdrawals a person tends to take it out on those around them ... and everything just turns out to be one big argument and battle rather then a fun filled time for all.

However, if you both insist on spending time together this weekend .. maybe you could ask him if he is going to feel up to going to the party or other things you might have planned.

In my humble opinion withdrawals are not a time to cater to the addict cause in his head it simply cosigns the addiction and sends a odd message to the addict. It is not like he got into a car "accident" and needs to be nurtured back to health .. he did this willingly and knowingly to himself. His addiction belongs to him .. the detox/withdrawals belong to him as does his recovery ...

I understand what you are trying to do .. since he is coming from out of town and you want to do things with him that he will enjoy and just have a good time ... though it is hard to have a good time when going through w/ds

I hope all turns out as you hope

******{Hugs}}}}
Passion