Thread: I NEED A Drink
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 03:26 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Hey Tiburon venting is a good thing, when I was drinking I held things inside until I could drink them away and if that did not work I became explosive!!!!

I can totally relate to that urge to drink when the crap hits the fan, I mean hey I am sober, bad crap should not happen any more!!! LOL Well as already said bad crap happens to everyone every once in a while.

What step are you on, tiburon?
Tib I am sure that may sound some what like bullying, but it is not, it is experience speaking with love, and I will do the same.

In early sobriety I had some real problems, I varied from happy go lucky to an angry or sad person who wanted a drink really bad just to make it all go away!!!

What I and millions of others have found over the years is that the steps are the key to the serenity we all seek in life, the more steps I worked with my sponsor the better life was for me, every one of the promises do come true, I can attest to that.

Do the problems in life disappear? Heck no they still happen, but they are so much easier to deal with when I am not obsessing for a drink and my side of the street is clean.

The steps are what led me to no longer view alcohol as the answer to my problems, I no longer have the urge or need to drink no matter how life is going.

Tiburon I hope you know when people speak to you about the steps it is not to push you around or humiliate you, they/we are trying to help you.

If you have worked the steps to the best of your ability and are practicing the principles learned in them in all the affairs in your life then alcohol will never again have to be the solution to your problems as long as you keep your spiritual condition fit.

I have heard old timers say when asked "When should I do my 4th step?" reply "When you are ready for the pain to stop."