View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 12:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Aa_vark

Originally Posted by nytepassion View Post
Functional or not HE IS STILL AN ADDICT

Addiction is progressive

Its all apart of the downward spiral of addiction ....

Hard cold reality = What goes up, must come down....

I spent many years in active addiction ... I had many friends who were addicted many of us were at one time "functioning addicts* who were on the downward spiral and didn't even know it ... ended up dysfunctional (didn't even realize that was what it was) just thought we were getting high, partying .. just doin' what we do. Many of us so blind and oblivious we didn't get out in time and lives were lost to senseless deaths ..

He's on the train ... and its headed for destruction ... He can't continue using and function forever ... That I promise you.

hope you will stick around here ... knowledge is power ... learn all you can about his drug of choice .. about addiction, enabling, codependency, detachment with love .... for this is recommended priceless information for anyone who journeys life loving an addict.

Passion
Originally Posted by Done-With-It View Post
He will progress, I do understand the concept of functioning addict, but it only lasts for so long, the party always ends, especially if he's snorting it.

But personally what I would focus on more is the fact that it makes you unconformable, that's the only thing you have control over.
Originally Posted by marle View Post
My daughter thought she had it under control when she snorted oxys. They soon become expensive and heroin is cheaper so she went that route. Has lost everything and can't go a day without her fix. So a more truer test of whether he is addicted or not is "Can he go without them?" Hugs, Marle

Ditto... Well said. The Truth...