Old 12-11-2007, 06:31 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
savoy

Originally Posted by Signal30 View Post
I don't mean to get all "preachy", but since this topic has mentioned those who do not drink coffee, and bring bottled water with them, may I suggest the following...

Buy a water bottle, not bottled water. Months ago, I was tired of buying bottled water all the time. A friend of mine started bringing a water bottle to meetings. He said that he just bought a good water bottle and fills it with one of those Brita water filter pitchers at home, before heading to a meeting.

I started doing that and have saved tons of money, plus it's better for the environment. I went to a camping store, and bought one of those Nalgene 32oz water bottles. They are indestructible, the wide mouth bottles are easy to clean, and last forever. Grant it, they cost around 8 to 12 dollars, plus the Brita filters are kind of pricey, however it's still cheaper than constantly buying bottled water, where the water is rarely better than what comes out of your tap.

It's staggering how much plastic is manufactured to make bottles for bottled water. Also landfills across the nation are filling up quicker with the bottles that take thousands of years to bio degrade.

Ok, I'm done with my public service message.

Tom
The thought of paying up to $4 for a bottle of something that doesn't make me dizzy would be further proof of my insanity.
Or maybe I'm just cheap.

Bill and Dr Bob both smoked until the end and drank enough coffee to float a ship.

"those cigarettes will take 10 yrs off your life"

Yeh, the LAST 10 yrs.! :rof