View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 07:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redheadsusie

2nd Alcoholic Husband worse than the 1st

I am now on my second AH and this one makes the 1st look like an angel. He drinks every night and smokes pot. He belittles me, curses at me, calls me horrible names, spends zero time with me. The only thing he does is work, start drinking on the way home and go to bed by 8. He told me tonight I am the worst wife a man could have because I won't sleep with anymore. I can't smell that sick alcohol breath . He hates himself truly. His 3 biological kids dont' see him at all anymore. His family enables him beyond belief. They give him money and get him out of all situations caused by alcohol. He thinks I am the biggest bitch on the face of the earth because I am finally standing up to him. I am a new realtor and have always supported our family - always. Now - he is having to pay family bills and he is so resentful. We bought a house and are stuck with it for 4 years due to some crazy owner financing. I moved my son to a new town - he hates his school- hates being yelled at by step Dad. Hates knowing how unhappy I am. I do my best to live my life with my sons and my dogs and ignore him but we have been told when he gets home we have to leave the den as it is his. We have to be quiet when he goes to bed by 8 sometimes earlier. He criticises us non stop - makes racist comments knowing my son has many multi cultured friends. I can honestly tell you at this point - I wish he just would go away - I don't care where. I am not in a position to leave - I have this huge mortage- car payment - new real estate career- you know how that is with this market. I am stuck and want to know how to deal with a raging alcoholic who is angrier and more beligerant by the minute. Tonight he said " You need to shut the f*%k up" you w*$(e.". I am honest, never done anything to dserve that - he told me tonight he was quitting paying family bills as I should pay more as it was my son who lived here. For years I paid 70% or more of the bills and now am paying 50% but he says I have stolen his soul and he is sick of it. I am at a loss.