Thread: Meeting widow
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007, 05:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
DevastatedJP

Yes, as a matter of fact, we are trying to figure out how to go together to some speaker meeting but we have an issue with babysitting. He's lost his job so we are Sooooo in the hole and can't afford to pay anybody. I will go to a meeting when he figures out which meetings on which nights he's going to go to. He's sponsor hunting too so there's the other reason for so many meetings.

He's at another meeting tonight. The second one today and says he feels guilty leaving me at home with the baby but I told him that I was prepared for this and fully warned that the recovery process was not necessarily going to be easy either (thank you ladies and gentlemen). We are going to church together tomorrow so there IS something we can do together. I know once he is working again, the meetings will slow down some. I think alot of it too is he's stir crazy and tired of sitting around the house e-mailing resume's or pounding the pavement. He needs to reconnect and knows so many people as he is a substance abuse counselor by trade but is having to take a break from counseling per his doctor's orders (and state regulations). I know he's lost and it's gotta be hard not giving advice or telling someone how to recover when he lost his way himself.

Thank you for you input and any advice or ideas are always welcome. This is my meeting for now. Your stories are from where I draw strength and hope.