View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 09:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
WantsOut
Becoming a Butterfly

Just 7 weeks away? Wow, time flies! You rule! Thanks for the kudos and take a big helping for yourself cause you deserve it. You and I each took a hard time and did the difficult work it took to find a better life. Good for us!

Luckily for your ex he is homeless in the USA. Wouldn't it suck much worse to be homeless in Calcutta or Somalia? He could be in Darfur. But he's here in a place with many homeless programs, shelters, food pantries, churches and temples that are in a position to offer help, work programs, etc etc etc. I know it seems like he doesn't have options, but looking at it dispassionately, he really does.

We're too old to lie about these things - it is possible that he might not make it. That's the painful reality. But the other part of that reality is that there are dozens of hands outstretched toward him even in this, his darkest hour. It is up to him to take one and lift himself up. If he does not, that is what he as an adult chose to do, as incomprehensible as it might seem to us to make that choice.

(((Kerm))) - I know it sucks no matter what. I hope it helps to be reminded that you have nothing to feel guilty about. Nothing. I remember one time you bailed him out and everyone on this board ragged on you about it big time, including me. You're gone above and beyond, my friend. It's not like you tossed him away. You really didn't. These are the consequences of his bad choices. With help from God, he will find his own way out.