Thread: Meeting widow
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 07:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
kj0975

Meetings is a very important part of early recovery. They suggest at least 90 meetings in 90 days. Its also good for him to find people that he can identify with and who understand what hes been through and what hes going through. This happens alot when the significant other gets clean the other person start s to feel neglected when the throw themselves into meetings and staying clean. This is great for him. He has only been clean 11 days thats not alot of time right now he really needs to pretty much focus on nothing but his recovery as its SO easy to relapse and slip back to the drugs. The cravings and everything else right now are probably hard for him to deal with so this is good that he is being so focused on the meetings.

I'm sure you would rather have him at meetings than out using or shooting drugs. I am a pill addict I understand what he is going through I understand how hard it is to get clean and stay clean. Its not like he stopped using so hes all done. Quitting in the easy part staying clean is the hard part. Give him sometime let this be is main focus and priority right now. There are people on this board who have been clean for 20+ years and still attend meetings daily its how they stay focused and stay clean and learn how to live life on lifes terms and not to turn to drugs when things get tough.