Thread: Meeting widow
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 05:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DevastatedJP

Meeting widow

I was warned and I have no right complaining but my goodness, so many meetings!!

AH has been clean for 11 days and he is hitting at least two meetings a day - once during the day and then again the evening. He told me the reason he is doing so much right now is he's trying to find someone he connects with that he can partner up with and work the steps. I don't really know what he's talking about so I'll have to get debriefed tonight on AA/NA lingo. Don't get me wrong, I am SO GLAD he's going and I see my husband coming back every day. We have talked more in the past 7 days than we have in the last 17 months! He is so intelligent and he's such a good conversationalist! He's been high for so long and I"ve missed him so much. He smiles again! I'm smiling again.

I know I'm being selfish. I don't resent it really but I still feel like a single parent, well sorta. I know I need to go to meetings of my own but how can I when he's bopping off here and there. Thank God I have SR - 24/7 - anywhere anytime at my fingertips!!

Thank you